Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 15 - Wednesday Weigh Day


Hot diggity dog! Wednesdays are my weigh days and I lost 2.2 pounds this past week! YES! My goal is to lose 1 pound a week so the extra loss is just a bonus! So excited and continued to be inspired and motivated to keep on keepin' on. (Hope you guys are too!)

You know the amazing thing for me so far is that this has really not been hard. I attribute that to the fact that I have only been changing one thing a week, gradually adding a new habit that contributes to my long term goal. Week 1 my new habit was to drink 4 bottles of water every day. Week 2, I added walking consistently for 30 minutes a day. Now that I am beginning week 3, I am going to add the habit of trying to eat a small amount ever 2 - 3 hours.

Again, the new changes being slowly implemented have not been difficult, and it feels so good to accomplish them. I even found myself drinking more than 4 bottles of water these last couple days, really without even thinking about it. That's a really big deal for me! These gradual changes are taking effect guys! And, the neat thing is that the feeling of those small success are motivating me for the next new habit. I am building on each little success.

Hey - did any of you watch The Biggest Loser last night? I did. I really love that show! I love seeing people who had once looked so hopeless, now being motivated, full of hope and seeing a future for themselves. A future that does not include staying overweight! =) Speaking of TV shows that I really love....I am going to sign off now and watch the first episode of American Idol with my man. Can't wait to see how I like the new judges and fall in love with the precious contestants.

Until tomorrow ~ sweet and slender dreams!



If you have a minute, please give us a click here on the button below. Thanks so much!









3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Sarah, I found your blog through your daughter's blog: bobo baby bump! I like the method you are using to lose weight: setting small goals to accomplish the big goal! I wanted to share a health tip with you that I found out recently: our body is more than 60 percent water by weight. To calculate the amount of water you should drink a day, take your body weight , divide it in half , and that I how many ounces of water you should drink a day. ( at least)
    So if someone weighs 160, they should drink at least 80 ounces of water a day! That's about 5 water bottles! hope this helps you!

    I have a blog : www. forevergodsprincess.blogspot.com

    I hope you have a great day! Congrats on losing 2.2 pounds in a week! That's amazing!

    I have

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well howdy do, Ms. Sarah! Glad you are joining our happy little 52 Club family! Glad Jess mentioned our blog. I love my daughter so much and her blog is well, AMAZING, just like her!

    Hey - I REALLY appreciate your water facts you shared with us! I will have to do the calculations. Being "resistant" water drinker, I am truly just thrilled I am drinking it period! ;-) But, now that I am in the habit, it is easier and I think I am up to the calculation thing and may need to add a bottle or two to my daily goal. Thanks a million again for sharing such a valuable tip! Who knows, it may help me and others out there to be even more successful!

    Please keep those tips coming and I will be sure to check out your blog!

    Beautiful blessings!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Bec!!!!!!! I too am in the losing category this week! I lost 1 lb exactly this week and I am so exciting about my progress! I feel so much better about having a "re-focus" on getting my body back! My exercise change has definitely become a new habit in my lifestyle change goals! I really enjoy exercising each day. I have added some resistance training that I do 3 times a week with my husband. I'm working on toning my arms (tri-ceps and bi-ceps). It doesn't take long to do and we have a good time together working out! Isn't this so much fun!

    ReplyDelete