Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 1 - This is My House!




Well, it is about time! Wait. Let me rephrase that. NOW is the time and today is the day! I have been putting off doing something about the "uninvited house guest" that have for far too long taken up residence on my body. And today, I decided to do something about it! I am putting them on notice. I am going to make their stay totally miserable until they finally leave - once and for all! I am talking about those sneaky unwanted pounds that keep inviting more and more of their kind to come hang out on my body. I mean, where did they all come from? It is like they snuck up on me while I was busy doing a million other things, not even noticing they had all moved in. (Darn squatters!) Truly, when I look in the mirror, I am like - that is SO not my butt, those are SO not my legs, etc., etc....Can I get a witness?


Well, my comedy routine in the bathroom mirror has finally lost its ability to put off the inevitable. There is no turning back now. So, today I decided not only to do something about it, but that it might also be a good idea to document this monumental event, to record my daily efforts, to keep me focused - on target and on task! Thus, the blog. The name? 52 Club? No, this is no night club, nor some new card game. The 52 Club is part of my long term strategy. You see, I stepped on a scale today. You might say that at that very moment, the "scales" fell off my eyes and I decided, these guys have GOT TO GO!

Rather than be overwhelmed by the large amount of unwanted pounds, I am breaking it down, one pound at a time. The way I figure it, if I focus on losing 1 pound a week, in a year from now, I will be 52 pounds lighter and I will have my wonderful body back, minus the unwanted house guest. Just one pound a week equals only 2.29 ounces a day and eventually, they will all add up. You see - I am going to use the same strategy on them, that they did on me. I am going to take it one day at a time, one pound at a time, just exactly like they did, the little creeps! ;-)


If you happened to have stumbled upon my blog, maybe this will encourage you or someone else you know, to do likewise. I sure hope so. I truly don't believe that we were meant to live a defeated life. And, I for one, am taking my body back - one pound at a time!

4 comments:

  1. Amen Sister!!!!!!!! I'm in...I mean I want to be in The 52 Club! What an adventure you have taken on. BRAVO!!!!! I love your new blog. I want to tell all my friends on Facebook about it if that is okay with you.

    Membership Day for me: January 6, 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then, you are my first 52 Club member! LOL! I love it! You can share with anyone you like and I am so excited to have you join in with me. I think we sista's need to encourage one another as much as possible.

    Here's to taking our bodies back, one pound at a time!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya Baldwin-McFarlinJanuary 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM

    I'm in sista!!! I started 2 weeks ago tomorrow and am
    down 7 #'s! I am starting with 10% lost and am just over 1/2 way to that first goal!!! Go Us! Go Us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Tonya! Glad you are in with us! This is going to be a fun and victorious ride! I am with you - go us!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete