Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Daily Activity Log - Day 12 & 13




Hey, hey, hey!!!

I did walk yesterday and the day before!  Woohoo! Got rained out tonight though. =(

But overall, things are rocking and rolling!  So motivated, so hopeful, so expecting good!
Listening to the rain as I type, my dog is chewing on his rawhide, my hubby has our favorite bible teacher on the tube and I am thinking of how much I have to be thankful for...It is a very, very long list.

AN UNEXPECTED LESSON ON THANKFULNESS

I recently was selling some things on Craigslist and a beautiful woman came to my home.  She was deaf.  She had a 3 1/2 year old son with her.  He was ADORABLE! We had the most marvelous exchange for about an hour and a half. I was amazed at her.  She was so full of joy and she was a great and loving mom!  She has worked for The Gap for 14 years.  Wow!  She and her husband are both deaf.  They have a beautiful boy who can hear. My mind was like racing.

I asked her a million questions.  How did you teach your son to speak?  How does it work for you, being deaf and working in retail?  And my questions went on and on.  We had the best time, she bought a table from me, and I felt like I had a glimpse at living life from a whole new perspective. Again, it really made me stop and think of how much each of us has to be thankful for and the choice we each make to make the most of what we have been given.  This lady was living her life to the fullest.  She so inspired me.  I am SO GLAD that I met her.

I hope you guys are feeling hopeful.  I hope you realize how much you have to be thankful for.  I hope you are enjoying your lives and your loved ones. I hope you are living inspired!

Gonna go get some sleep and listen some more to the rain....ahhhh, so thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment