Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Daily Activity Log - Day 10



As I sit here recording my walk for the day, I have sweat rolling down my back and I have to say that it feels great.  Tonight was a really big victory for me.  I had been super busy all day around the house. By the end of my day, I had to get out to run errands, etc.  When I finally got home, it was almost pitch black dark.  Opps!  I now had a choice to make.  Stick with my commitment to walk 30 minutes and walk in the dark or wait until tomorrow.

I told my self, I am going to walk in the dark.  I had already had my one day off and needed to get in my 6 days of walking before taking off another.  Fortunately for me, I live in a FANTASTIC neighborhood that is really, really safe and pretty well lit.  Or, at least that's what I thought anyway.  As I began walking I felt so invigorated that I had made a choice to follow through, in spite of the great excuse to blow off my walk tonight.  I started walking and as I got to a spot in my walk I thought to myself, "Geez, it's really dark right here."  I ended up picking up my pace a bit, carried my large bottle full of "Smart Water" like a weapon (if necessary) and even jogged near a really dark bridge and a couple of other dark spots.

I admit that I had to be a little more aware and kept looking back over my shoulder more than I would have liked, but all in all it was a great 30 minute walk!  The added benefit of my mishap was that I really kicked it up a notch and probably burned a few more calories and I learned to be more aware of my time as it relates to the sun going down. Ha!


I'm encouraged by my commitment.  Not bragging, just sharing and encouraging myself once again.  I going to keep working toward my goal of taking my body back.  I am going to take it back one day at a time. One pound at a time.  One thought at a time.  How about you?

If I can do it, you can too.  Come on, make a commitment to yourself.  You are so worth it!

Will share more tomorrow! Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment